My brother because of a medical condition cannot conduct business on his own without assistance. He is eligible to receive social relief from the Gov’t but doesn’t have an ID card and I cannot locate his birth certificate. I am his care-taker as both of our parents are deceased. What can the EBC do to assist him in getting his ID card?

The EBC can assist by doing a home visit in which we would take the photo, signature or thumb-print of your brother. However, his original Birth Certificate (computer generated or polymer printed) and an affidavit if necessary must be produced in order to apply for the identification card. You, as his sibling/relative should be able to visit the Ministry of Legal Affairs to apply for his birth certificate. If necessary, the EBC can issue a letter addressed to the said department on behalf of your brother stating that the birth certificate is needed in order to process his National Identification Card.

Posted in