I would like to apply for an ID card but I don’t have a birth certificate since I was adopted at a very early age. What do I need to produce at the EBC?

Yes you can apply for your national identification card. However you must provide the legal adoption certificate issued by the Ministry of Legal Affairs which would contain information as to your birth date, country of birth, name and your adoptive parents or parents’ name. There is therefore no need to produce a birth certificate. Please note however that a legal custody or legal guardianship order cannot be accepted.

Posted in