I was born in Trinidad and Tobago but have been residing abroad for a number of years and I am still a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. I wish to apply for my ID card however, I only have a foreign passport. What documents do I need to produce when I visit the EBC’s Registration Office?

You are required to produce you computerized birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable) and passport. Before applying to the EBC though, you must first visit the Immigration Office (Landing Status Section) with you naturalization certificate to either apply for a Trinidad and Tobago Passport or to have the Immigration Officer stamp your passport with the required validation stamp – [Section 4(1)] attesting to you being a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago.

Section 4(1) of the Immigration Act, Chapter 18:01 states, “A citizen of Trinidad and Tobago has the right to be admitted in Trinidad and Tobago”.

Posted in