I recently misplaced my Identification Card and was told by the Registration Area Officer that I need to have a police report done and a sworn affidavits before I can have a replacement card. Why is this?

Once a registrant recognizes that his/her Identification Card has either been misplaced stolen or destroyed, the EBC requires that person first make a formal report to the Police. The registrant will then be required by law to do a Statutory Declaration [Representation of the People Act, Chapter, 2:01- Registration Rule 47 (b)] in the form of a sworn affidavits by a Justice of the Peace.

There shall be payable for every replacement identification card-

  1. In the case of the first issue, ten dollars ($10.00)
  2. In the case of any other further issue, twenty dollars ($20.00)
Posted in