I am a CARICOM citizen with a CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) Certificate working in Trinidad and Tobago over the last three (3) years. Am I eligible to apply for a National Identification Card? What are the requirements?

In order to apply for a National Identification Card, you must be a citizen or resident of Trinidad and Tobago. CARICOM citizens who currently work in Trinidad and Tobago and wish to apply for residential status must first visit the Immigration Department and submit an application to this effect. Once successful, and the residential certificate has been obtained you will then be able to apply for an Identification Card at the EBC’s Registration Area Office. These persons are also required to bring along their birth certificate and requisite travel documents for registration.

Posted in