I am a TT national currently living and working in Barbados over the last three years, my ID card expired in July, 2017 but I will be returning home on a short vacation soon. Can I renew my ID card then, what documents do I need for the EBC?

Yes, you would be able to renew your national identification card during your visit. However you must visit the Registration Office where you had applied for your present card and where your registration record is lodged.

Please note you are only required to produce your expired identification card. If however corrections are to be made on the card as regards to name and or date of birth, you will be required to visit the registration office with your birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable) and passport. The registration officer will check your documents and subsequently advise whether any additional documents will be required in order to make the desired changes

Posted in