Page 3 of 20
The public is advsied that the Revised List of Electors, in respect of the Local Government Elections of Monday 14th August, 2023 has been posted for inspection at the same two (2) locations, in each polling division where the Preliminary List was posted.
July 17, 2023
373 candidates will be contesting the upcoming Local Government Elections on Monday 14th August, 2023.
Ten political parties have put forward candidates with the People’s National Movement being the only political party with candidates in all 141 electoral districts.
The following political parties have also fielded candidates:
- Movement for Social Justice (MSJ)
- National Transformation Alliance (NTA)
- Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP)
- Progressive Empowerment Party (PEP)
- Re-United Farmers Alliance
- The National Party (TNP)
- Trinidad Humanity Campaign (THC)
- United National Congress (UNC)
- Unity of The People (UTP)
You can find the full Press Release here:
June 27, 2023
June 23, 2023
The Elections and Boundaries Commission wishes to remind parties and independent candidates contesting the Local Government Elections on Monday 14th August, 2023 to comply with Section 12A of the Municipal Corporations Act, Chapter 25:04 which states:
- Parties fielding candidates in an election under Section 11 for a Municipality or Corporation shall, at the time of nomination of the candidates for Councillors, nominate candidates for Aldermen on a list to be known as the “List of Aldermen.”
- The quantum of names on the List of Aldermen to be submitted by each party in accordance with the provisions of this section shall be equal to the number of Councillors to be elected in each Council respectively.
Submissions are to be made on Form No. A-144 which can be found HERE.
The deadline for submission of forms to the Chief Election Officer at Scott House, 134-138 Frederick Street, Port of Spain is 4:00 p.m. on Monday 26th June, 2023
Members of the public including persons already registered, are hereby notified that under Section 30 of the Representation of the People Act Chap. 2:01, Her Excellency, the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has issued a Proclamation, which fixed Tuesday 20th June, 2023 as the date for the commencement of an Electoral Registration in the one hundred and forty-one (141) Electoral Districts in Trinidad.
In accordance with the said Section 30, the Electoral Registration will be conducted in the various Registration Area Offices and the Registration Area Sub-Offices (as indicated in the advertisement hereunder) up to and including Wednesday 28th June, 2023.
The purpose of the exercise is to facilitate those persons who:
- have attained the age of 18 years and over, but who have not been registered as electors;
- have been registered as electors but have changed their addresses and have not yet notified the Registration Officer of such change of address;
- have been registered as electors and have changed their names because of marriage or otherwise, but their previous names appear on the Preliminary List of Electors; and
- have been registered as electors but their names do not appear on the Preliminary List of Electors.
During the period of Electoral Registration, business will be conducted at the Registration Area Offices and Registration Area Sub-Offices.
Monday to Friday 8:00a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
It is important to note that at the close of business on Wednesday 28th June, 2023, no further electoral registration or electoral registration related matters will be effected.
The Qualifying Date is Thursday 29th June, 2023
TO VOTE IS YOUR RIGHT BUT YOU MUST BE REGISTERED
June 21, 2023
The public is hereby notified that Monday 26th June, 2023 having been designated NOMINATION DAY for the Local Government Elections, the date and time fixed for the Preliminary Examination of Nomination Papers is:
Tuesday 20th June, 2023
between the hours of
9: 00 a.m. – 12:00.noon
Nomination Forms are available HERE.
- At the office of the respective Returning Officer; and
- At the EBC’s Central Electoral Office, Scott House, 134 – 138 Frederick Street, Port of Spain.
Interested persons are kindly requested to make use of this opportunity offered to them at the office of the Returning Officer for the Electoral District of Debe South to minimize the likelihood of difficulties on Nomination Day.
June 20, 2023
The Elections and Boundaries Commission wishes to notify the public that the Office of the Returning Officer for the Electoral Districts of Blanchisseuse/Santa Rosa and Wallerfield/La Horquetta in the Local Government Elections 2023, has been relocated.
REGIONAL CORPORATION OF TUNAPUNA/PIARCO
Mrs. Daphne Moore
Returning Officer for the Electoral Districts of Blanchisseuse/Santa Rosa and Wallerfield/La Horquetta
is now located at the
Santa Rosa Government Primary School,
Formerly located at the La Horquetta Regional Complex, Marjorie Padmore Avenue, Phase 2, La Horquetta.
The Commission requests all relevant partiers to be mindful of this change and apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
June 19, 2023
The Elections and Boundaries Commission wishes to notify the public that the Office of the Returning Officer for the Electoral Districts of St. Ann’s/Cascade/Mon Repos West and St. Barbs/Chinapoo in the Local Government Elections 2023, has been relocated.
REGIONAL CORPORATION OF SAN JUAN/LAVENTILLE
Mr. Colin Geoffrey Thompson
Returning Officer for the Electoral Districts of St. Ann’s/Cascade/Mon Repos West and St. Barbs/Chinapoo is now located at
42 Tenth Avenue
June 16, 2023
The Elections and Boundaries Commission wishes to advise the public of the closure of its Registration Area Offices for Chaguanas and Tabaquite/Talparo, both located at 47 Mulchan Seuchan Road, Chaguanas on Friday 16th June, 2023.
This closure has become necessary to address an electrical issue.
The Commission apologizes for any inconvenience this closure may cause and advises that normal operations at these two offices, will resume on Tuesday 20th June, 2023.
June 15, 2023