I was living abroad for many years but have now returned home to reside permanently, my name was taken off the List of Electors and I would like to have it reinstated. What is the procedure?

Because your place of residence was not in Trinidad and Tobago, it is likely that your registration would have been cancelled. You are therefore required to visit the Registration Area Office in your district with your birth certificate and Passport to be re- registered. Furthermore, to be qualified as an elector for an electoral district you must have resided in that electoral district for a period of at least  two (2) months preceding the qualifying date.

Posted in