I recently got married and wish to change my name of my ID to now include my marriage name. I also have a deed poll which was previously administered. Will this be a problem?

If you had a deed poll administered prior to getting married and did not present it to our registration office to change your name on your ID card then you would be required to produce the document together with your marriage certificate and your present ID card in order to get your name changed. However, the existing deed poll would have renounced the use of the name on the present ID card and the marriage certificate should have your name according to the deed poll, if not, then you will be required to apply for a new deed poll.

Posted in