373 candidates will be contesting the upcoming Local Government Elections on Monday 14th August, 2023.
Ten political parties have put forward candidates with the People’s National Movement being the only political party with candidates in all 141 electoral districts.
The following political parties have also fielded candidates:
- Movement for Social Justice (MSJ)
- National Transformation Alliance (NTA)
- Progressive Democratic Patriots (PDP)
- Progressive Empowerment Party (PEP)
- Re-United Farmers Alliance
- The National Party (TNP)
- Trinidad Humanity Campaign (THC)
- United National Congress (UNC)
- Unity of The People (UTP)
You can find the full Press Release here: